Do your kids outgrow their clothes before they wear them out? Looking for a way to clean out closets and make money too? Not a fan of garage sales, I’ve discovered an easy way to sell kids’ outgrown clothes online. I’d like to share how to sell your unneeded items on Swap.com.
If you haven’t heard of Swap.com, it is the largest online consignment store for kids’ items. They also consign toys, maternity, and women’s clothing. Swap.com makes it easy to sell or swap your items. It’s far easier than holding a garage sale and you’re likely to sell your items for more money.
Because they have strict acceptance criteria, items sold on Swap.com are in great condition. Money earned selling your items can be used to purchase other items or deposited into a PayPal account. If you prefer, you can swap your items for other items.
I donate most of my teenage son and daughter’s outgrown clothes. Recently, we had some outgrown clothes that were in great condition so I decided to use Swap.com. Using Swap.com’s simple process, I shipped the clothes to Swap.com. The clothes were photographed and listed on Swap.com. All I had to do was set the sales price. Swap.com’s sales fee is just $1 plus 20% of the selling price. And it is so easy to do!
My niece had several bags of her daughter’s outgrown clothes and a number of infant toys. She had tried garage sales and other online sales sites without much success. What she was able to sell did not sell for much money at all. Then I introduced my niece to Swap.com. After helping her select the clothing and toys that met the acceptance criteria, we printed a shipping label, packed up a very large box, and dropped it off at the local UPS store. The box weighed almost 50 pounds, but this wasn’t a problem because for a low flat rate, Swap.com covers the shipping, photography, and listing of the items. Not every item was accepted, but all we did after shipping in the items was log into her account and set a sales price. The money my niece earned selling with Swap.com made the process completely worthwhile and profitable!
- Send your items to Swap.com. Just pack them up and get them out of your house today.
- Swap.com photographs, stores, and lists your items for a flat fee that includes shipping (up to 70 pounds).
- You set the sales price. Swap your items for other items or sell them.
Swap.com currently accepts new and used clothing for babies, kids, teens, and women. Swap.com’s best sellers are current items that have been in stores in the last three years. Look into your kids’ closets, or even your own closet – if it’s in great shape but hasn’t been worn recently or no longer fits, it may be time to send it to Swap.com.
Swap.com only accepts the following:
- Clothing that’s clean, does not have stains or dirt, no excessive wear (faded or pilled), no holes or tears, and are odor and pet hair-free. All fasteners (zippers, snaps, buttons, ties) must be present and in working order. Clothing items have to be freshly laundered before sending.
- Toys, Games, Baby Gear, Decor, Music and Movies that are like new or in good working order and are complete with all components
Create some extra room in your closet. Go through the clothes you no longer need and making money selling with Swap.com. Give it a try today!